What people don't often realize is that the Planner Life can be tough, especially on your feet. On the day of the wedding, the last thing you want to worry about is a blister or sore feat. There is no getting around being on your feet all day and running from one place to the other (calmly, of course) to ensure everything's running smoothly. Having a supportive and comfortable pair of ballet flats are a necessity to staying productive on those long days. We interviewed our entire team to find out what their favorites are.
- . TIEKS: After Tieks are broken in, they are perfect for long wedding days. While Tieks are on the pricey side, they are also durable, comfortable and last forever. For an added bonus, they roll up, making them easy for storing in a bag! Tieks come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you are sure to find a pair you will love.
- CROC SIENNA FLAT: Yes, I'm sure seeing the word "Crocs" probably scared you. While typical Crocs are not the most attractive shoes, the Croc Sienna flats are both extremely comfy and cute! These shoes have padding like normal Crocs, but look like a typical ballet flat, giving you the best of both worlds.
- LUCKY BRAND BALLET FLATS: These flats are awesome because they have gel padding on the bottom, which provide lasting support throughout the day. Lucky Brand Ballet Flats are mid-range in price, durable and simple. If you're looking for a basic yet classic flat, these are the shoes for you!
- DEXFLEX COMFORT BALLET FLATS: Dexflex Comfort Ballet Flats are (as the name implies) comfortable, cute and inexpensive--which is great, because we go through shoes quickly as planners! Payless offers many different styles of flats in multiple colors. You can easily find a pair online that fits your style and your price range!
- ABELLA LINDON BALLET FLAT: The Abella Lindon Ballet Flat from DSW is around $40 and is both comfortable and stylish. They have a slight wedge on them, making them a little higher than a normal flat. And just a slight lift of the heal adds a sophistication not usually seen on typical flats. For a classier look that is still comfortable for those long planner days, these should be your go-to.
Many of the above recommendations can be found at DSW, which is an amazing place to find all sorts of shoes at a reasonable price. Don't forget to take a look at Payless, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Nordstrom Rack for other affordable shoe retailers, and even Amazon.com or Zappos.com offer incredible deals. Let's face it: shoes can be just as important as our day-of timeline, and often are easily overlooked although we are constantly on our feet. Finding something that is both stylish and comfortable while being affordable is our goal.
Looking for more in depth event know-how and personal recommendations from creative industry leaders? Check out our Spring Workshop, March 18-19, or our Online Workshop where we cover the intricate details of top industry creatives to make you a sought after planner.